mas church links
- Bibles online
- Building an online presence
- Suffering Church
- Worship Resources
- Churches and local links
- Christian Publishers
- Online Theology
- Audiobooks and Podcasts
Try the PrayerMate App for an excellent aid to regular Christian prayer.
Daily Worship Resources
- Common Worship Daily Prayer has links to today's Morning, Day, Evening and Night prayer. The search function gives access to other days and forms.
- Exciting Holiness. Online first edition of these Collects and Readings for the Festivals and Lesser Festivals of the Calendar of the Church of England, by Tristram SSF and Simon Kershaw.
- Mission St Clare Daily Office Prayer Service using American 1979 BCP Rite II. Includes MIDI for hymns and sung liturgy.
- Northumbrian Community Daily Office
- Universalis.com uses the version of the Liturgy of
the Hours, the Divine Office, given in the Roman Breviary. Provides:
- Today’s Lauds(Morning Prayer, Mattins)
- Today’s Office of Readings, used at any time as a time of prayer and meditation.
- Today’s Vespers(Evening Prayer)
- Today’s Compline(Night Prayer)
- The home page also has the short readings for Mid-morning reading (Terce}, Noon reading (Sext) and Afternoon reading (None). Traditionally these services were at 9am, noon and 3pm respectively.
- Anglican prayer beads
- Creighton is a Jesuit Catholic University providing, among other services,
- Pray-As-You-Go.org provides a daily, Monday to Saturday, .mp3 file for ten minutes prayer exercise including music and scripture.
- Prayer of the Trinity, an essay by NT Wright
- Prayercourse.org uses the Lord’s Prayer, with six short videos and notes for each session, to enable discussion and encourage prayer in a church. Promoted by Alpha and 24-7 Prayer.
- PrayerMate is an app for Android and IOS devices to support the work of prayer. It provides pre-prepared items from a range of resources and organisations and can incorporate your own material. You get to choose how often a particular class of resource appears on the daily list. It is written by Andy Geers.
Other Worship Resources
- The Art of Dying Well a re-interpretation of the medieval Ars Moriendi.
- Choral Evensong weekly on BBC Radio 3
- Mission Praise, free index; subscription words and midi files
- Oremus including
- Society of Archbishop Justus runs servers that host a variety of Anglican-related web sites including a range of online Anglican resources. The latter includes over two dozen Books of Common Prayer and related works from all over the Anglican community.
- We are worship has several membership levels giving access to various quantities of, for example, songs, lyrics, sheet music, chords and lead sheets.
- Bible Gateway, including anglicised NRSV and NIV. A paid tier has access to a range of Bible study resources.
- Bible Society Biblija.net, includes anglicised GNB and CEV.
- Blue Letter Bible a useful range of English versions with Hebrew, Latin and Greek resources.
- Christianity.com online study bible
- Community Bible Experience for communities from Biblica.
- Oremus Bible Browser, includes anglicised NRSV, ASB and BCP Psalters
- Resources from The Life with God Bible.
- Stepbible.org, the Tyndale House “Scripture Tools for Every Person” (STEP) free Bible study resources
- Two-letter lookup in ancient language lexicons
In an complementary category, the Bible in a Year app, provided by Alpha, features daily readings, commentary, and prayers to go through the whole Bible in a year. The material is available in text and audio.
Building an online presence
- CPO Toolkit provides links, resources and a blog to support churches looking to build an online presence. They also sell a series of small books in the Reach Out series. At the start of 2017, two have been published: Church Online: websites and Church Online: social media, both written by Laura Treneer, Innovation Director at CPO.
Other Bible resources
- SBL, Society for Biblical Literature
- National Humanities Center, includes some SBL and related resources
- JSTOR Religion and Theology Collection access and a discounted JPASS are available to SBL members
- lyfe, developed by the Bible Society is about helping people to explore and discover a richer, deeper relationship with God through the Bible and experiencing spiritual challenges. Lyfe introduces material developed by Renovaré and others around spiritual practices to help us discover a life with God, a sustainable spirituality and a faith integrated with everyday life.
- Maggi Dawn: “theology, life and faith in the UK”
- Brian McLaren
- Patheos.com “balanced views of religion and spirituality”
- Bishop Alan Wilson
Music, audiobooks and podcasts
- ChristianAudio provide downloadable Christian audio books in several formats, including DRM-free MP3. Includes material from Renovaré authors and conferences.
- C S Lewis “Beyond Personality” 1944 broadcast at American Rhetoric (also at C S Lewis at BBC audio)
- Wellspring Music Group
Online Theology and Liturgy
- Bible Researcher by Michael Marlowe
- CCEL, Church Fathers and other Christian Classics
- Jubilee Centre
Churches and local links
- Cheadle St Mary’s
- Frodsham Churches Together
- HTB, Holy Trinity Brompton, home of Alpha courses
- Main Street Community Church, Frodsham
- Christmas Journey
- Easter Journey
- Frodsham churches
- Bible Society
- Christianity Magazine from Premier, UK
- Church Pastoral Aid Society
- CPO publicity materials
- London Institute of Contemporary Christianity
- Sermon Index